Today, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Pascha at The Posh Blog. Thank you soo much Pascha!
I’m fairly new to the blogging community, so I took it upon myself to research the Liebster Award a bit before I began my post (even though it’s purpose may seem quite obvious). If you aren’t aware of what a Liebster Award is, it’s an award within the blogging community that’s given to other bloggers who have a certain amount of followers or less. This specific nomination states it’s to be given to those with 500 followers or less, but I’ve seen limits as low as those who have 200 and under. It’s a really good way to get to know newer bloggers out there and to have other bloggers get to know you! You post the Liebster Award in your new post (you can use the one you see here or Google one, which I did), and you can choose to add it to your page as a widget if you like. You can read a little more about the award if you’re interested to know more here.
The rules for this specific award are as follows:
Make a post about the Liebster Award & thank the blogger who nominated you
State 11 interesting facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 followers or less (make sure you tell them they’re nominated!)
Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Facts About Me:
1. I’m a mum! I have an amazing 9-year old daughter who is my world – I think this is a great time to mention this because I kind of like to keep my family life a little bit private. I had a bizarre incident happen to me where someone stole picture of her and I from my Myspace (yes, this was a LONG time ago) and used them as their own (crazy!)! So ever since then, I’ve been very careful about the things I put out when it comes to her. But I do love her dearly, she is the single most important person in my life.
2. I’m an Army wife – where my husband goes, we follow. After we married, my daughter and I packed up our lives on the east coast and moved to be with him half way across the country. This will happen every few years, and this year just happens to be that year for us. It’s tough, but that’s life in the military and we have to get used to it. Not for the faint of heart, that’s for sure!
3. I am OBSESSED with any and all things UK and Europe. When I say obsessed, that’s an understatement. I spend most of my days daydreaming about being there, it completely consumes me. I just think compared to the U.S. there is SO MUCH MORE to do and see, so much more culture, so much life, so much to learn and I won’t die happy unless I get there one day!
4. I’ve seen every episode of TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex – a British reality show) to this very day – I never miss an episode. I know it’s crap, but I can’t help what I love!
5. The origin of Koofa – if you’ve ever wondered what this is about, it’s a nickname started by my friend Jordan several years ago. My maiden name is Kufuor. One day, out of the blue, he shortened my name to Koof. Then he branched out to other variations like De Koof, Koofa, The Koof (he’s a comical person), and so on… it spread like wildfire and soon everybody started calling me variations of Koof or Koofa! I actually love it, so I’ve carried it with me throughout several social media platforms!
6. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac. I don’t know why or what brought it on, but I wasn’t always like this. One of my best friends is the exact same way, so I think it may have rubbed off on me. I’m always afraid something is wrong with me. Well, last year a blood clot was discovered in my brain. The first trip to the ER for the pain I was having, I was blown off and told it was the flu. If I hadn’t been a hypochondriac/paranoid about it and gone back the next day, who knows where I would be today. Everything is fine now, but as you can imagine, that doesn’t help my paranoia at all.
7. I have a horrid spending addiction. I can’t save money to save my life.
8. I’m VERY shy. I have been since I was young. Because of this I’m quite introverted and it’s very hard (much harder than it is for most people) to make new friends, which stinks because of the fact that we move around so much. I know it’s something that will never change, therefore I’m very blessed and thankful for the close friends that I do have. 🙂
9. I love musicals and old classic movies. Doris Day movies, Gone With the Wind, The Sound of Music, Seven Brides to Seven Brothers… The film industry is just not what it once was. I wish we could go back to those times.
10. I HATE bugs and insects of all kinds! I don’t care if they’re beneficial to the earth, I want them away from me!
11. I would love to graduate college one day. I’ve been out of school for so long, I feel like I’ve lost brain cells and I’m scared to try again for fear that I’ll fail (this has happened before). I don’t know exactly what I want to do, but I hope I can figure it out soon.
1. Why did you begin blogging? I began blogging a while ago, but really had nothing to say, so I quit. Last year I became fascinated with beauty and I recently realized that now I have something to write about. I always go to blogs for swatches and photos when I look for makeup products I’m interested in, or to learn about products I never knew about. I just wanted to be able to do the same for other people. Maybe I can help someone make a decision on a potential purchase – and there aren’t a large number beauty bloggers with my skin color, so I figured maybe in the swatch department I could be a bit of help to those who are, but of course my blog is for everyone! 🙂
2. Favorite nail color? I honestly couldn’t say! Probably something in the pink department, I seem to flock to pink hues the most.
3. If money wasn’t an issue, what would most of your money be spent on? Well, even though it is an issue, I still find some way to spend it on makeup – if it wasn’t an issue, I would still more than likely be spending it on more makeup!
4. What’s your 9-5? At the moment, I’m a stay-at-home mom. Before I got married I worked for a very well-known company, and I’ll tell you those were the worst 5 and a half years of my life. I thought I would never be one of those people who wanted to stay at home, that I’d go crazy, but I swear working there ruined me and I never want to work again! Although I will be attempting to find a job once we move soon.
5. Do you collect anything? Ummm, does makeup count? Haha.
6. Last book you read? Well, this is sad. The last book I actually read was several years ago, probably 10 or more. I try to read my Bible, but that doesn’t happen nearly as often as it should. I attempted to read Orwell’s 1984 last summer (a dystopian novel, eerily spot-on to the days we’re living in now) and also The Marriage Trap, which I almost finished, but didn’t because I had to return it to my friend – I actually really liked that one.
7. Lipstick or lipgloss? Oooh, hard one, but I think if I absolutely had to choose it would be lipgloss and only because I need something moisturizing on my lips – I have a HUGE OCD when it comes to my lips being moisturized lol.
8. Do you have any tattoos? Yep, I have a big one on my forearm. It’s a broken heart with a knife through it and blood dripping down (gruesome, I know). I was going through a phase where I thought tattoos were so hot and I wanted fsomething that would always mean something to me – broken hearts are something that everyone goes through and at the time, I felt it was important to express that. Of course, I now regret it.
9. Are you in the USA or abroad? *sigh* USA. Does anyone in Europe want to adopt me? 🙂
10. What is your favorite place to shop for makeup? Well, I guess it’s still Sephora, but as recent I’ve been branching out to other places.
11. What is a store you think should be shut down? Hmm, this is an interesting one. I don’t really know but I guess if I had to say, it would be Sears – it just doesn’t seem that popular and I’m quite surprised it’s actually still around (no offense!).
Now, I’m nominating the following blogs for the Liebster:
4. Mimsy’s Blog
7. beauty bombs
Please show these girls some love and follow!
1. When did you start your blog and what made you decide to start it?
2. What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
3. Do you have a bucket list and if so, can you name some of the things that are on it?
4. What’s your favorite season?
5. If you could choose only ONE cosmetic item to use for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. If you visit any place in the entire world, where would it be?
7. What country do you reside in?
8. What are some of your hobbies?
9. Who’s your favorite band and/or musician?
10. If you could choose anyone in the world to meet (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
11. What is your greatest passion in life?
Now make up 11 new questions for those who you decide to nominate!
Thanks so much for reading & hope you enjoy! I look forward to getting to know all of you more as well!
xoxo – Natasha